“Pustynia Błędowska” workshops
On 21 March 2017 the 8th training workshop took place in Pustynia Błędowska which was intended for:
- representatives of military institutions and military facility managers.
The meeting was also attended by:
- Team representatives of the Silesian Voivodship Landscape Parks Complex
- Department of Environmental Protection of the Municipal Office in Zawiercie
- Jan Dlugosz University in Czestochowa
- Upper Silesian Nature Heritage Centre
- Complex of Sport Championship Schools in Racibórz (class with military profile)
- General Secondary School Complex no. 1 in Racibórz (class with military profile)
The group was so numerous that we had to divide it J.
The workshop was held as the part of the project LIFE12 NAT/PL/000031 under the name “Comprehensive protection of non-forest natural habitats on military areas in Natura 2000 site” – “Pustynia Błędowska” funded under LIFE+ European Union financial instrument and National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management.
The scope of the workshop included:
Principles of protection of Natura 2000 areas,
Methods of active protection of Natura 2000 in military areas,
Protection of dry grasslands (dune grasslands, inland dunes).
We thank the representatives of Klucze Municipality for the access to Desert Centre.